Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Note


Well I got my OneNote2007 installed and the license sorted and its working not too badly. Spent a bit of time working out how to do things:

selection
You can't select in onenote when you have the pen selected but you can when the cursor is selected

snipping part of a screen or a window or the whole window
with the item you want on the screen, select start->snip tool->select your snip type,
take your snip, then go to OneNote page , select the insert position with the character cursor and Edit->Paste
OR
you could use the OneNote Insert->Screen Clipping


The snipping tool when its launched brings up a window to allow you to select the snip type, then after you have taken your clip, another window is displayed asking what you want to do that needs to be closed. The clip goes to the clipboard and you can paste it.
The OneNote Insert->Screen clip closes your onenote page and makes your screen semi opaque, you then select the area ( rectangular only ) and then one note pos back up with the screen clip captured and labelled
I guess its horse for courses,
My personal preference is to use the Snip Tool, however I think I would like a less in your face tool, something that you say Clip grab the clip and its done sitting in the clipboard ready to paste where ever you want it pasted, pbrush or OneNote.

(life was much easier with Ctrl/Print Screen Ctrl/C Ctrl/V , but no keyboard so no key combinations, I need a shortcut app that you can bring up like the keyboard, so you can run key macros - maybe it exists and I just got to find it )
(one night on - silly me, found that Ctrl/C Ctrl/v and Print Screen do exist on the onscreen keyboard you just have to press the keys one at a time, go figure , so I can copy and paste in pretty much the same way as I do on my desktop)

delete one note objects
with onenote page object displayed, bring up the onscreen keyboard ( this normally happens if you click with the curser icon on an empty part of the screen) , select the object with the text icon not the pointer icon then click del on the onscreen keyboard


Inserting a photo using Acer Crystal Eye Webcam

OneNote is open and you want to take a picture and drop it into the open note
open the Acer Webcam app and take the picture ( this app is really quite slow)
on one select the insert point with the char cursor
OneNote Insert->Picture from files and the picture should be the last file in the Pictures library
OR
you could use the snip tool
( I often take a snip chuck it into paint - edit the pick, select and copy part of it from paint and then drop onto the note that I am working on )

I think there is a bit (a lot) of work to do until its as easy as the Microsoft adds for Courier, but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment