Saturday, May 21, 2011

webcam

I am not impressed with the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam, it seems to me to be very slow to start and then finally becomes responsive. Once its up and you press the camera icon to take a photo it can take seconds to do anything and the first time you click it, it may do nothing. Also I found that because of the delay between moving the camera and getting the picture on the screen it was difficult to frame your shot.

So I went looking for something else and found AMCap, whilst I am only using the freebie at the moment it seems to me to be much better than the Acer Webcam. The refresh rate is much quicker than the Acer Webcam, works with both the front and rear webcams. It is neat because you can tell it to put the image directly into the clipboard.

I found I could not take a picture by pressing enter until I changed the Video mode, then it worked well Capture->setup->options->Video select VMR7 Windowed


some of the shortcuts from Help
F11 toggles the menu bar
F12 toggles always on top
Enter takes a picture ( no delay )

I think that it would be nicer if it could be tabletized, some icons for snap,start,stop,play,pause etc but I can live with out them, just need to have the online keyboard up.

If you don't purchase a licence, you get an orange box with diagonal stripe across your image but it works really well, $29 US, I will probably put my hand in my pocket eventually.

Using Am Cap with one note
Launch OneNote open your note
Launch AmCap
Bring up the keyboard
Press Enter (AmCap must be the selected current window ), that takes the picture and drops it into the clipboard
Touch OneNote and select the character cursor
touch the note where you want the picture placed
Select from the keyboard Ctrl then C
Picture is pasted . Geez its almost like the Microsoft Courier videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment