Saturday, May 21, 2011

Keyboard dock and external power

I think I would have liked the external power to either be able to be plugged into either the tablet itself or into the keyboard dock, not just the tablet.

If it were in the keyboard dock then I would not have to pull the tablet out of the dock and also unplug the power to walk away from my desk and vice versa when I come back.

If I choose to work with the tablet laying flat or holding it, then the ability to plug it into power is needed, but, powering through the dock would be nice to have.

The dock is weird. I don't understand why acer could not have spent a few more dollars on the plastic case so that you could simply close the tablet down as if it were a laptop/netbook and then open it back up again. But no you have a silly system where you have to unplug the device and then place it carefully and lock it on. When you want to put the tablet back in its keyboard slot, you have to lift up folding covers. If you have finger nails its easy enough to do it but it seems a bit clunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment